Senior Financial Analyst
Job no: 497157MM
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We’re seeking a driven Senior Financial Analyst to support our Finance team. As a key member of the Finance department your role is to provide CPM management with reporting and advice on capital investment and operating cost expenditures. Reporting to the Manager – Finance Projects and also working closely with the Manager – Cost Control this is a permanent full time position based in Perth’s CBD. Join us in a positive team with a great dynamics where opportunities are endless.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- General cost accounting duties such as end of month closing
- Coordination, development and production of monthly management reports
- Variance and performance reporting and tracking
- Assisting our contract team during the contract evaluation process
- Administers compliance with budget and cost management and capital expenditure policies and procedures
- Production of quarterly forecasts and annual budgets
- Provides training, guidance and support to Operations budget owners on budget cost control including business case and NPV preparation for capital investment, understanding cost reports and variance analysis to manage performance of their business units and understanding the importance of correctly coding costs
- Provision of ad-hoc financial analysis to support business growth and improvement opportunities including undertaking market and industry research and competitor analysis
- Provides direction, coaching and mentoring to the financial analysts as required
- Promotes a value adding culture across all levels of the business
To be successful in the role you must have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A minimum of 7 years in a finance or accounting role
- Minimum of 5 years in the mining/ resource sector with Management Accounting experience
- A degree in Accounting (or similar degree) as well as CPA or CA qualification are essential
- Experience in analysing and reporting on financial information
- Advanced financial modelling capabilities, especially with SAP, Xeras and Business Objects
- You will have the ability to use an ERP system to extract, transform, load and report data
- You will have initiative in analysing customer problems and proposing innovative solutions in a practical and expedient manner
- Preparedness to accept change and develop new skill and competencies
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement
- Bilingual language capability (English and Mandarin) will be highly desirable for this position.
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend