Senior Engineer - Process
Job no: 497252YHP
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
CITIC Pacific Mining is currently looking for a Senior Engineer - Process to join our Desalination team in Cape Preston. This is a permanent role on a 2/1 roster (days only), FIFO from Perth.
Reporting to the Superintendent – Engineering & Maintenance, this role will be part of the Engineering & Maintenance team and provide process / technical solutions for the operation of the desalination plant and laboratory. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Lead the process engineering team to provide engineering solution to plant operation and maintenance team
- Investigate, analyse, report, design and provide technical solutions for operations at the desalination plant and associated facilities
- Plan, design and implement engineering improvement projects
- Liaise closely with automation engineers to overcome technical hurdles
- Carry out the root cause analysis as required
We seek applications from candidates who have:
- A Degree in Chemical Engineering and over five years’ experience working with Projects & Engineering in the water & waste water industry
- Knowledge of hydraulics pipelines, pumping stations, valves and other related water infrastructure equipment
- Material selection and corrosion knowledge/ experience
- Basic knowledge of automation control and pressurised system operation will be highly regarded
- Knowledge of membrane technology will be an added advantage
- Experience with Mechanical Projects, Af Fathon, PI , SAP and Autocad is desirable ,
The successful candidate will possess excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work well in a close knit team environment.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend