Job no: 497401SV
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We’re seeking a HR team member to join our site based Human Resources team. This role is a permanent position – FIFO from Perth.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Provision of day to day HR advice, guidance and support to onsite management and employees.
- Interpretation and application of HR policies, procedures and relevant legislation.
- Assist with the identification, development/update and implementation of HR policy and procedures.
- Provide advice and support on remuneration procedures.
- Provide advice, coaching and support to line managers on performance management / counselling and disciplinary action.
- Provide guidance on employee relations issues, EEO matters and bullying/harassment cases to line managers and, where required, participate in/lead investigations.
- Assist line managers in maintaining employee and position data.
- Conduct frontline leadership development information session for onsite staff
- Assistance in and delivery of scheduled HR activities i.e. annual performance reviews, annual remuneration reviews, headcount planning.
We are seeking a resilient HR professional with solid HR generalist experience and a relevant tertiary qualification. You will be given the freedom to be part of a team whilst also working autonomously on projects and large scale departmental plans. A good knowledge and understanding of employment legislation is an essential requirement. Bilingual language skills are desirable.
Communication skills will drive the success of the department and accordingly a strong emphasis will be placed on verbal and written communication skills. Candidates with Mandarin language skills will be looked at favourably as will candidates who can demonstrate a high level of organisation and attention to detail with strong analytical and interpretative skills. Experience with SAP is also desirable but not essential.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to develop and tailor your own project work
- FIFO experience
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend