Mining Engineer - Planning
Job no: 497718LC
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We’re seeking a driven Mine Engineer (Planning) to support our Mining team.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Adherence to and promotion of CPM safety and technical standards in all activities
- Generate and communicate practical and executable short-term mine plans (2 Weekly and 3 Monthly) in a timely manner
- Monitor mine progression frequently where practical to ensure compliance to plan
- Measure and review weekly actual performance against mine plans
- Deliver mine designs to support the mine plan, this will includes but not limited to :
- Temporary and interim ramps
- Temporary and interim pit walls
- In-pit pipeline routes
- In-pit road and intersections
- No-dig lines
- Sourcing and validating data as required to complete short-term mine plans and meet operating target requirements
- Maintain organised filing system to ensure the mine plan data and documentation are accessible for other team members and is auditable
- Good knowledge and understanding of product blending practices
- Broad knowledge of the principles and execution of open pit mining
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Sound analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Vulcan and have exposure to XACT or similar
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software
Qualifications / Certificates
- 3 years relevant experience
- Mining Engineering degree
- Database and scripting skills
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend