Graduate Mine Geologist
Job no: 497721AJ
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We’re seeking a driven Graduate Mine Geologist to support our Mine Geology team. This is a permanent position on an 8/6 FIFO roster from Perth.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Providing technical support and resource to the Senior Mine Geologist
- Collect, interpret and process grade control data to an excellent standard, with oversight of Pit Technician’s work
- Collect and interpret geological mapping data to an excellent standard
- Communicate grade control and geological data to Mine Engineers and Production on a daily basis to optimise recovery and feed delivery to the plant, managing risk
- Control mining hygiene, to minimise ore loss and dilution
- Conduct necessary reconciliation between models, plans, production and processing data
- Complete reports, and other duties as required
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Up to 2 years’ experience in grade control activities, including blasthole logging and sampling
- Bachelor of Science or Applied Science Degree majoring in Geology
- Experience with Vulcan, acQuire database and Microsoft office is preferable
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement
We’re looking for motivated team player, with good communication skills, a can-do attitude and making a difference.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend