Senior Geological Database Specialist
Job no: 497930MM
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We’re seeking a driven Senior Geological Database Specialist to support our Mine Geology team.
This is a permanent Perth based opportunity that supports the Mine Geology team at Cape Preston.
This position reports to the Superintendent Mine Geology and works with a wide range of internal stakeholders; Mine Planning, Geotechnical, Hydrogeology, GIS, Production, Drill & Blast, Survey, Mine Management Services and our Site Laboratory teams.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Management, development and maintenance of geological databases and systems
- Management, development and maintenance of geological reporting systems
- Coaching and mentoring team members to get the most out of our systems
- Liaising with team members to ensure the currency and quality of the data collected
- Integration of the Geology Team systems within the wider CPM data management and reporting system
- Collation, data entry and validation of new, existing and historical data
- Timely and accurate reporting of production data
- Identify and investigate opportunities for process improvement
- Provide support to teams as required
To be successful in the role you must have the following qualifications and experience:
- Qualification in Geology and/or Information Technology
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in the mining industry with the an understanding of the mining workflow and environment
- An expert user of the acQuire Gim Suite software
- Experience with MS Access
- Experience with development and maintenance of SQL Server databases
- Experience with enterprise report writing tools such as Power BI or SSRS
- Knowledge of scripting language(s) (e.g. Perl, Python, VBA, PowerShell)
- Strong ETL skills
- Ability to train and mentor personnel
- Dedicated to documentation of systems, processes, scripts etc.
- Strong communication, administration and organisational skills
- Strong time management, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- You can work with a high level of autonomy and independence
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend