Sino Iron is the largest magnetite mining and downstream processing operation in Australia, located 100 km southwest of Karratha in the mining hub of the Pilbara.
Our fully integrated operation features an open pit mine, serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are amongst the largest in the State.
CITIC Pacific Mining is currently looking for Engineer – Water Operations based in Cape Preston. This is a permanent role on a 2/1 Roster, FIFO from Perth.
Responsibilities of the role
- Work to ensure the effective operation of all water treatment plants and operate within licensing requirements
- Implement all company procedures as directed
- To ensure the integrity of all data, minimizing downtime
- To ensure all water quality testing is conducted as per ADWG recommendations
- To ensure maintenance tasks are prioritized and completed within agreed time- frames
- Operate water plants in a cost effective and efficient manner. In compliance with the ADWG and site-specific requirements
- Ensure water testing is conducted in accordance with legislative and statutory compliance procedures
- Troubleshoot, identify issues and undertake repairs to reduce down-time
- Assist in preventative and planned maintenance activities
- Work as part of a team to deliver quality water services to the end user
- Communicate relevant issues with stakeholders in a timely manner
- Maintain any relevant databases
- Liaise with contractors and site visitors as required.
Sound knowledge and understanding of reverse osmosis and WWTP processes
- Ability to work without supervision
- Good analytical skills
- Computer literate
Prior experience with Water Treatment and Waste-Water Treatment Plants, particularly SBR plants
Qualifications / Certificates Essential:
- Trade qualification (plumber/electrician/fitter)
- RO/WWTP plant operator
White Card Holder
Current ‘A’ Class Driver’s Licence
We are looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated. Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM, you will be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff. Internal applicants please note it is a requirement that you advise your immediate line manager of the application.
About CITIC Pacific Mining
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast. We are spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
Our operations provide career opportunities on a global scale. Being an employee at CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM) will enable you to take advantage of the multiple divisions of the group. CITIC Group, a majority shareholder of CPM, has more than 30,000 employees worldwide and is always looking for talented and exceptional people.
Within CPM, everyone can develop their skills and knowledge, progress in the business and be recognised and rewarded for their contribution. We encourage our people to take the opportunities that are provided to reach their full potential - so they can achieve the best results for themselves, each other, and for CPM.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com