Job no: 498470MM
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
We’re seeking a driven Financial Analyst to support our Finance team.
Reporting to the Manager - Financial Analyst, the Financial Analyst is responsible for providing professional support to a variety of operational functions for the company, including monthly management reporting and analysis, budgeting and forecasting, database maintenance and automation development.
On a daily basis, your core responsibilities and tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of Budget and forecast for Mining and Corporate departments on a quarterly basis under supervision of seniors and manager;
- Work with end users for the End of Month activities, such as accruals, cost transfers and other manual cost adjustments;
- Coordination, development and production of monthly management reports and presentation;
- Monitoring spending trend against forecast, KPI reporting and variance tracking;
- Perform daily cost analysis and data review to track business operations;
- Engaged in the price negotiation in the major contract tenders;
- Administration of compliance with all relevant policies and procedures with departments;
- Collection of physical and cost data from existing systems and analysis of data to support identifying and reporting cost saving initiatives;
- Provide all ad hoc budget and cost control related services to stakeholders;
- Develop reports using database;
- Establish data analytical model, identify gap and propose solution;
- Participate in automation projects in responsible areas;
- Promotes a value adding culture across all levels of the business.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a management accounting role
- Experience in Mining/Resources or Utilities / Manufacturing sectors is preferred
- An Accounting Degree or similar with a CA or CPA qualification would be beneficial
- Ability to use SAP, as well extract, transform, load and report data from it
- Microsoft Office package, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project and Visio
- Data analytical and automation software Power BI, Alteryx, UI Path
- Experience in analysing and reporting on financial information
- Advanced financial modelling capabilities.
- Critical thinking and strong analytical skills with the ability to propose innovative solutions
- Ability to work under pressure, cope with time restraints with a sense of urgency
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
Please note: It is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend