About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
Sino Iron is the largest magnetite mining and downstream processing operation in Australia, located 100kms Southwest of Karratha in the mining hub of the Pilbara.
Our fully integrated operation features an open pit mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re seeking a driven Senior Occupational Hygiene Advisor to support our operation in overseeing the site exposure monitoring programs, and ensuring quality assurance systems for site and maintained. This is a diverse opportunity offering candidates to gain broad experience across mining, processing, marine, power station and desalination.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Oversee the exposure monitoring program across all areas on site
- Support engagement and liaison with government regulators on hygiene and compliance matters
- Undertake daily fibre and dust analysis and report result to key stakeholders in a timely manner
- Carry out duties as a Ventilation and Noise Officer with Part 9 of the MSIR 1995
- Ensure all exceedances are investigated and reported in accordance with Government and Company policy and guidelines
- Developing and auditing a QA system to ensure inputs and deliverables are maintained to a high standard
- Undertaking Ventilation and Noise audits and implementation of controls in accordance with Part 7 of the MSIR 1995
- Ensuring all Occupational Hygiene monitoring equipment is maintained and calibrated in accordance with Australian Standards or manufacturers specifications
- Undertaking occupational noise surveys as part of the CPM noise management program.
The role will report to the Superintendent Health & Safety, and provide guidance and support to other Occupational Hygiene Advisors on the team.
To be successful in the role you must have the following skills & experience:
- Personally you will be a leader with great people management and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience, preferably in the mining/resource, heavy industry, refineries or occupational hygiene consulting
- Certification in Ventilation and Noise Officer
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant legislative obligations, standards, guidelines and codes of practice. A detailed knowledge of the Membrane Filter Method - NOSHC 3003 (2005) and AS ISO/IEC 17025-2005
- Excellent written communication and influencing skills
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement
- The ability to fulfil requirements to obtain an MSIC (Marine Security Identification Card).
We are looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application. Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
About CITIC Pacific Mining
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast. We are spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
Our operations provide career opportunities on a global scale. Being an employee at CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM) will enable you to take advantage of the multiple divisions of the group. CITIC Group, a majority shareholder of CPM, has more than 30,000 employees worldwide and is always looking for talented and exceptional people.
Within CPM, everyone can develop their skills and knowledge, progress in the business and be recognised and rewarded for their contribution. We encourage our people to take the opportunities that are provided to reach their full potential - so they can achieve the best results for themselves, each other, and for CPM.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com