Superintendent - Environment
Job no: 497306LG
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
Location: Cape Preston
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We’re seeking a driven Superintendent - Environment to support our operation in developing, implementing and driving the environmental management systems for site. This is a diverse opportunity offering candidates to gain broad experience across Mining, Processing, Port/Marine, Power Station and Desalination.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Supporting operations to advise on environmental matters;
- Assist in managing and acquiring environmental approvals with implementation and reporting on environmental monitoring programs
- Coordination and implementation of operational level requirements for environmental management systems and environmental management programs
- Support engagement and liaison with government regulators on permits, licensing and compliance matters
The role will be accountable for successfully managing the performance of a team who will be responsible for but not limited to the environmental management systems for site.
To be successful in the role you must have the following skills & experience:
- Personally you will be a leader with great people management and communication skills;
- Minimum 10 years demonstrated experience in environmental management, preferable in mining/resources industry;
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant environmental management legislation, and strong understanding of environmental approvals and framework;
- Experience with varied environmental monitoring techniques
- Advanced computer literacy
- Experience with environmental improvement initiatives;
- Excellent written communication and influencing skills
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement
- A Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science or related field is an essential requirement for the position.
- The ability to fulfil requirements to obtain an MSIC (Marine Security Identification Card)
We are looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- Career progression and training
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated.
Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend