Manager - Insurance
Job no: 497536LG
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this key managerial role is to lead the process with insurance brokers on annual renewal of insurances, liaise with insurers/brokers on claims and any notifiable events, and also liaise with operational risk and line executives to ensure that insurance is appropriately placed in line with CPM’s risk appetite.
The main responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the insurance renewal process with CPM's panel of insurance brokers ensuring a successful outcome is achieved for CPM's Insurance Programme;
- Manage all insurance related matters as they arise including Contract Reviews, including negotiating with insurance brokers and managing their service agreements and fees;
- Oversea management of all claims, including under deductible or uninsured events and provide regular feedback to the business;
- Organise, facilitate and attend insurance and risk site surveys with insurers and risk engineers or others site visits as required to support the insurance programme;
- Work with Manager - Risk and Insurer Risk Engineer to ensure risk recommendations are cascaded to the business and actioned;
- Manage all administrative duties including but not limited to obtaining and reviewing for accuracy certificates of currency, policy wordings, insurance manuals.
- Investigate and provide options to management on all insurance policies including keeping abreast of new and emerging risks and insurance products;
- Explore mechanisms and alternative arrangements for risk transfer to reduce CPM’s overall cost of insurable risk.
To be successful in the role you will have:
It’s desirable for successful candidates to have a diploma in Financial Services or significant industry experience in insurance, with a minimum of 8 years’ managerial experience in the insurance industry. In-house insurance experience is desirable.
- possess accreditation/membership with ANZIIF, QPIB or NIBA;
- demonstrate a strong detailed knowledge of global insurance markets, commercial insurance management, insurance products, together with a strong financial understanding;
- ability to work collaboratively across functional areas and levels of the organisation.
A copy of all current qualifications must be provided at the time of interview.
Financial and Commercial background checks will be conducted for successful applicants.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class operation
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend