Job no: 497778MM
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
We’re seeking a driven Accountant to support our Financial Reporting and Compliance team in our Head office on a permanent full-time basis. This role reports to Senior Accountant.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Financial maintenance of entities within the group and ensure areas of responsibility are completed on a timely and accurate manner.
- Preparing and reviewing the monthly accrual, forecast and annual budgets.
- Preparing of financial statements as required.
- Acting as a back up to support the Accounts receivable function.
- Providing business stakeholders with accounting treatment advice.
- Liaising with internal/ external auditors and tax consultants.
To be successful in the role you must have the following qualifications:
- A relevant accounting degree with CPA or CA qualification.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with financial reporting.
- Knowledge of IFRS and Accounting software.
- Advanced computer software skills including Excel (for reporting and analysis purposes).
- SAP Experience would be an advantage.
- Experience in the mining/resource sector would be an advantage.
- Ability to read/write and speak Mandarin would be an advantage
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
To learn more about Sino Iron, please visit www.citicpacificmining.com and www.betterpartnerships.com.au
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend