Maintenance Technical Officer
Job no: 496943MM
Work type: Permanent Fulltime
About CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM)
CPM is the company behind Sino Iron, already Australia’s largest magnetite operation, located on Western Australia’s Pilbara coast, south of Karratha.
We’re spearheading a new downstream processing industry for the nation, transforming magnetite iron ore into a high-grade, premium export product.
Sino Iron is a fully integrated operation – featuring a mine serviced by the biggest haul trucks in the world, a six-line concentrator and port terminal facilities at nearby Cape Preston. Our state-of-the-art power station and desalination plant are among the largest in the State.
We’re looking for people at the top of their game, who want to become part of Western Australia’s iron ore future.
Cape Preston Port Company (CPPC) operates the port and marine ore delivery supply chain, on behalf of CITIC Pacific Mining.
We’re seeking a driven Maintenance Technical Officer to support our Port Operations team. This role is a permanent FIFO role on a 2/1 Roster FIFO from Perth to site.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Reviewing and monitoring costs, assisting management to increase cost control
- Organising the day to day implementation and management of maintenance notifications
- Ensuring shift supervisors and maintenance planners are kept informed of equipment availability and priorities
- Ensuring the Planned shutdown packages are correctly aligned and meet the needs of the permit to work and shift teams.
- Liaise and coordinate with Shift Supervisors, maintenance teams to ensure operating & shut down requirements are known, scheduled and implemented.
- Assisting in day to day general administration tasks as required
- Creating SAP Entries, creating requisitions, creating reservations, creating maintenance notifications, creating service entry sheets and running SAP reports as requested.
To be successful in the role the following skills/experience is required:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a role within Mining, processing or a marine environment.
- A solid understanding of planning systems and maintenance strategies
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
- Proven experience using SAP (strong knowledge and understanding of the programme)
- Proficient in the Microsoft suite i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel, MS Project (preferable)
- Previous FIFO experience will be highly regarded
- MSIC Card is preferable or the ability to obtain one
- A current WA Manual Drivers licence is an essential requirement
We’re looking for motivated team players, with good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
What we offer
- The chance to work at an innovative, world-class project
- Competitive salary
- A home-away-from-home environment
- Career progression and training
- Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position earlier than stated
- Please note: it is a requirement that all internal applicants advise their immediate line manager of their application.
- Candidates represented by agencies will not be considered for this position.
As an employee of CPM you’ll be part of a culturally and gender diverse organisation, committed to providing equal opportunities for all staff.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend